SpotX recently compiled and published this report based on the observations around how COVID-19 has impacted the viewership, content consumption and overall ad spend in Southeast Asia region.
Here is the quick summary –
- Steep increase in ad calls on premium publisher sites
- Ad calls were up 471% as compared to baseline activity
- As lockdowns came in to force across SEA in the first week of March, consumers turned to entertainment
- Traffic to over-the-top (OTT) and music streaming platforms increased, with ad calls up 164% and 129% respectively
- Gaming also saw significant growth, with ad calls up 268% versus the baseline.
The report also highlights insights from SpotX publisher partners in the region. For more details, read here: https://www.spotx.tv/resources/blog/spotxer/the-covid-19-impact-on-viewership-and-ad-spend-in-southeast-asia/