Google unveils Stadia cloud gaming service, launches in 2019: https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/19/18271702/google-stadia-cloud-gaming-service-announcement-gdc-2019
Key points –
- Google to leverage YouTube for Stadia
- Stadia has more Teraflops of power than an Xbox One X
- Google also launched its own Game DEV Studio
- Stadia is live stream cross-platform gaming – no hardware needed
- One can use any existing game controllers and existing devices (phone/tab/laptop/TV/Chromecast etc.). Google also announced Stadia game controllers.
- Google is rumored to be working on a game subscription service of its own (could become Netflix of Gaming)